The Image Viewer allows users to add arrows with attached text boxes (otherwise known as annotations) to attached image files.
To create a new annotation:
1. Navigate to an image attached to a Secure Mail message and click on the Image Viewer icon or on the thumbnail image. This will open the image in the Image Studio.
You can annotate .jpeg, .gif and .png files that you have uploaded or have been sent to you through Secure Mail.
2. Select the Draw Annotation
The Draw Annotation icon is located on the left panel section of your image, within the Image Toolbar.
3. Place your mouse cursor on the location you want the annotation to be.
a) Click and hold to drag the arrowto whatever place in the image you wish to highlight.
b) Release the mouse button when you are satisfied with the pointer’s location
The text box portion of the annotation will then appear centered over where your mouse arrow started dragging the arrow from.
4. Click in the gray portion of the text box and begin typing to add text to the annotation.
5. Click the Checkmark to save the annotation to the image.
NOTE: Once saved, the annotation will note that you created it. Your annotations are visible to anyone you have shared the image with. An email notification will be sent to your colleague (in their regular email) informing them you have made an annotation on the image.