1. On the Secure Mail page, click the Compose button (on the left side) to begin creating your message.
If the recipient is already in your network:
2. In the To: field type in the first three or more letters of your recipient's first name, last name or email address. Do not enter a title such as or Dr.
3. As you type the recipient's information, a selection of colleagues will appear below the To: Select your colleague or patient by clicking their name or pressing the Tab key to address the message.
4. Your recipient’s name will now appear in the ‘Selected Recipients’ portion of the message. To address the message to multiple recipients, repeat the above steps.
If the recipient is NOT in your network:
1. In the To: field type in the regular email address of your recipient.
2. Press enter or tab.
3. The email address will now appear in the ‘Selected Recipients’ portion of the message.
4. When you complete your Secure Mail message and press ‘Send Message’, the system will ask you to verify that you typed in the correct email address & whether they are a Colleague or Patient.
5. An email will then be sent to the recipient’s regular email address inviting them to create their own free 3M Secure Mail account so that they can read the Secure Mail message from you.