1. Log in to Secure Mail at the Secure Mail login page (https://dentalcloud.3m.com)Click on the Compose Message button on the upper right to begin creating a new outgoing Secure Mail message.
2. Type the first few letters of your recipient’s first name, last name, email address or company/organization name in the To: field (do not enter title information such as “Dr.” or “Mr.”). The system will suggest colleague’s names and pictures (if available) after entering at least three letters. The results will be reduced as more characters are entered.
Upon finding your recipient; click on their name and photo, or press the tab key—this will move the individual’s address down into the Selected Recipients list.
If your recipient is not found, you can still send them a Secure Mail message. For more information For more information on sending Secure Mail messages to traditional email addresses
Click here: https://support.dentalcloud.3m.com/hc/en-us/articles/207026597-How-to-Send-a-Secure-Mail-Message-to-a-Colleague-Who-is-Not-Using-Secure-Mail-.
Enter a Subject for the message.
Note: Secure Mail requires that a subject line be entered before sending the message. By default the subject line will only appear within the Secure portion of the email unless you have changed the setting in your profile to display the Subject in the non-secure email portion also. See ‘How to edit your personal profile in SecureMail to find out more.
3. Composing the Message: Notice that there are two text entry boxes for the body of the message to your colleague.
- The top box Email Message is the notification that will be delivered to the recipient's regular email and therefore is not secure. The purpose of this section is to notify the recipient that they have received a message from you. Along with the text you enter in this section, the system will include a link directing the recipient to log into Secure Mail to access the secure portion of your Secure Mail message to them.
- The lower box Secure Mail Message is the section of the Secure Mail message where patient data may be included. The text entered in the Secure Mail box and the attachments are only visible inside of the Secure Mail inbox and therefore are secure and compliant. Include in this area, whatever message and information (including patient info) you wish to send to your colleague(s).
Secure Mail recommends only entering Protected Health Information (PHI), such as name, date of birth and medical condition in the Secure Mail section
You may add attachments to the message. Click on Upload a file to browse your computer or network drives to select one or more files to attach to your message.
Firefox and Chrome browser users may also drag and drop files from their computers directly to the gray area of the Secure Mail message. Internet Explorer does not support drag and drop uploading.
Once a file has completed uploading, its filename will be displayed under the Upload a File button. To remove an attached file click the red X icon the right of the filename to Deattach it.
Once you have completed your Email Message and Secure Mail sections of the message (both are optional) click Send Message located on the bottom of the page.
You will not be able to click Send Message until all file attachments have completed uploading.
Remember that any information entered in the Email Message text box will be delivered via traditional email and is not considered secure.
Maximum file size for attachments is 500 megabytes per attachment. The number of files depends on whether you are a paid or free subscriber. To learn more about paid vs free accounts Click here: http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/Dental/