- 3M Secure Mail allows you to preview and manipulate .stl filetype 3D models (which have been attached to Secure Mail messages) within the web-interface. You can also download the individual models.
Note: To view a 3D model within 3M Secure Mail you will have to have the latest version of Unity Player installed. Below is a link to download the latest.
- 3D Model attachments will appear as green thumbnail-icons along in the same area as other attachments to the message.
To view a 3D Model:
- Navigate to the 3D Model attached to a Secure Mail message
- Click on the 3D Model thumbnail, or the Image Viewer . This will open the 3D Model within the viewer window.
Note: If multiple 3D models are attached to the same message the 3D viewer will combine them into a consolidated view.
For example the message below has X different 3D Models attached. Each 3D Model is listed as a separate attached file. When you view any of the files, all of the files will be shown by the 3M Viewer.
To manipulate a 3D Model:
- To rotate the 3D model in the viewer: use the right mouse button to click and drag on the model.
- To zoom: use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- To make one of the models transparent: The slider(s) in the top right corner of the 3D viewer adjusts the transparency of a model. Transparency can be adjusted from 0% (no transparency) to 100% (invisible).
Note: when multiple 3D Models are displayed simultaneously, each model has its own slider.
- To return the models to their original positions: Clicking on the square icon above the transparency sliders.The model will revert to the starting zoom level and orientation.